Wednesday, 25 June 2014

ARC: Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire Review

Hi Everyone!!

I am so agjkhgjsh excited to be sharing this review with you all because it's BEAUTIFUL OBLIVION!!!!!!

Title: Beautiful Oblivion

Author: Jamie McGuire

Publisher: Simon and Schuster Australia

Add To Goodreads

Buy On Amazon

Author Website

Goodreads Synopsis: 
The Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster phenomenon continues in the first heart-pounding new adult romance in The Maddox Brothers series.

Fiercely independent Camille "Cami" Camlin gladly moved on from her childhood before it was over. She has held down a job since before she could drive, and moved into her own apartment after her freshman year of college. Now tending bar at The Red Door, Cami doesn’t have time for much else besides work and classes, until a trip to see her boyfriend is cancelled, leaving her with a first weekend off in almost a year.

Trenton Maddox was the king of Eastern State University, dating co-eds before he even graduated high school. His friends wanted to be him, and women wanted to tame him, but after a tragic accident turned his world upside down, Trenton leaves campus to come to grips with the crushing guilt. 

Eighteen months later, Trenton is living at home with his widower father, and works full-time at a local tattoo parlor to help with the bills. Just when he thinks his life is returning to normal, he notices Cami sitting alone at a table at The Red. 

As the baby sister of four rowdy brothers, Cami believes she’ll have no problem keeping her new friendship with Trenton Maddox strictly platonic. But when a Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever—even if she is the only reason their already broken family could fall apart.

In the first installment of the Maddox Brothers books, readers can experience the rush of reading Beautiful Disaster for the first time, all over again

Review

Beautiful Oblivion is a mix of amazing writing, sexy situations and a sensational story.

I am definitely a huge Jamie McGuire fan, Beautiful Disaster is a book that I can read over and over again and still never tire of it. So of course I requested Beautiful Oblivion as soon as I heard of it! And I am so glad I did. Jamie McGuire has a way of writing a story that you just don’t want to put down.  And I didn’t put it down since it arrived-and finished it that very same day.

I have to say I do adore this Beautiful Oblivion cover. I just love the peacock feathers matched with the pretty grey/blue colouring of the background. Even if I didn’t know who Jamie McGuire was I would definitely pick up this book (based on the cover) to find out more.

Camille Camlin has had a hard family life, however she is still a hilarious, kind hearted, and BEAUTIFUL character. Cami does not use her past troubles as an excuse for anything. She herself is her own person.  Her confidence is amazing and she knew all about those Maddox boys and therefore thought she would never fall for one of her own. However she didn’t count on a certain Trenton Maddox who has got his eyes set on Cami. 

Trent Maddox is currently helping out his father whilst living with him and working at a tattoo parlor (Skin Deep) to pay the bills. I found Trent to be a really complex character and, dare I say it, I think I loved him more than Travis! I know it was a shock for me too but Trent definitely won me over. He is so sweet and kind, especially around those he cares about. I would be very happy with my own Trent.

Our two main characters start off with a friendship that I truly envied. I love that Cami and Trent both brought out the best in each other. Trent helped Cami live a little more and helped when she had troubles with her brothers and father. And then Cami was slowly helping Trent with his inner demons. That friendship eventually turned into something more, something slow and intensely beautiful. 

I have to say the side characters really made this story. I especially loved seeing Travis at the club where Cami works (Red Door). These were really like behind the scenes looks at Beautiful Disaster! And Olive is so adorable and sweet! The only tiny problem I had with Olive is that there was a certain instance where she was made out to sound older then she actually was. I understand that some children may be quite advanced but it was only one time throughout the whole book so it felt like it was just thrown in there. Also, this is the main reason why this wasn’t a 5 star read, I didn’t like Cami’s best friend. I won’t spoil anything so I’ll just leave it at that. I did adore Hazel though; she is a wonderful friend to both Trent and Cami!

You will not regret picking this up once it’s released. 4.5 stars!


Thank you Simon and Schuster Australia for this review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment